The Collection and Use of Information
The MWSP collects information from you under the following two circumstances:
1. Information Collected Automatically - Some information is collected from you automatically when you view these pages and download information. This may include your Internet Protocol address assisgned by your Internet Service Provider, domain name and type of browser and operating system you use, the date and time you accessed the MWSP website, the pages you requested and visited, and the site you linkd from to reach MWSP. MWSP uses this type of information to statistically measure site traffic and to improve the website. The information is not viewed on an individual basis but is aggregated with other users for comparison purposes.
2. Information Voluntarily Submitted - Additional information may be collected from you if you opt-in or voluntarily provide it to create an account to track your stewardship practices or submit a request or question to MWSP staff. We use this information you voluntarily provide to tailor our website to your needs and preferences and to provide the on-line services you are requesting. The type of information we collect will vary with the service being sought and the information you voluntarily provide which may include your name, address, phone number, email address, occupation, age or ethicity. We would use this information only to contact you to gain feedback of your overall site experience, if the website was helpful to you or to track stewardship practices adopted collectively. Your information will never be sold or used for any purpose other than statistical data collection for MWSP. If you simply wish to view the pages on the website and do not wish to create an account for stewardship tracking or environmental networking, you do not need to register for an account.
1. If you wish to accesss MWSP information but do not want to register an account on the site, MWSP uses session-only cookies to reserve some storage on your computer in order to take your query and pass it along to the page that will serve up the information you request. The session-only cookies are erased either during web browser operation or after your web browser is shut down.
2. If you wish to conduct on-line transactions, such as submit a question or provide feedback to MWSP via "Contact Us", MWSP uses session-only cookies to process your request. The type of information voluntarily submitted to fulfill your request varies by transaction and may include your name, address, phone number, or email address.
3. If you choose to create an account with MWSP to personalize the site and wish to be remembered to track your stewardship practices, MWSP uses permanent cookies that remain on your computer's hard drive as small text files. These permanent cookies allow MWSP to recognize you when you return to our website. When you register by creating an account, we ask you to identify yourself by user name and password. This allows MWSP to customize the presentation of information for you based upon what you have asked for, what learning modules you have completed, or what information you provided or accomplished during previous visits. MWSP only uses permanent cookies with the permission of the user.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
MWSP will only send personal information about you to others when:
- we have your consent to share the information; or
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- we are authorized to do so by law
Editing and Deleting Your Account Information
You will be able to edit your MWSP stewardship tracking account information and preferences at any time. You may delete your MWSP account by accessing the "Update My Profile" button and selecting "Delete Profile".